Veterinary Career Accomplishments
- Works with Merial and NAVTA to design three new, informative educational offerings to veterinary technicians and team members. On top of heartworm prevention, Merial Tech Champions will present on veterinary dental care, flea, tick, hookworms, and roundworms, focusing on pet owner communication and compliance.
- Zoetis supports Rebecca in offering value added consultations in veterinary practices in veterinary team efficiency and improving inventory control. In-Hospital training in client service, team communication, and team efficiency.
- President position of NAVTA. Association Leaders meet on a monthly basis advancing veterinary technicians and veterinary nursing. Bob Harris, CAE recognizes the organization for its focused strategic initiatives and implementation. Committee Chairs are supported and committees power through projects. NAVTA members receive increased benefits of belonging and improved membership services.
- Deb Goodman is brought on-board as CATALYST’s Coordinator, assisting with outreach, follow-up, and marketing.
- Dimensions in Veterinary Management will go online. Launching in October! Two sessions along the Front Range of Colorado offered during the year.
- Presents at NAVC, MontanaVMA, AVMA, Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians, IAAHPC, and engages in roundtable event at ColoVMA.
- Attends Veterinary Leadership Conference in Chicago hosted by AVMA.
- Hires three new practice managers for practices in Colorado and New Mexico.
- Accompanies Debbie Boone, CVPM on a consultation of a mixed animal practice in Pueblo.
- Works closely with Arizona Veterinary Medical Association and the Veterinary Healthcare Team of Arizona to create a Certificate Program in Professionalism. Certificates are awarded to team members in a formal awards ceremony in Phoenix in August. The Pilot Program is a HUGE success. Two programs will roll out; one in August and another in February.
- Speaks with veterinary students in Aimes, Iowa during the SAVMA Symposium. Topics include team leveraging, time management, and delegation.
- Attends the AVMA Board of Directors meeting in Schaumburg, ILobserving and learning how the national organization functions. Hugely enlightening and honored to be invited!
- Women’s Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative invites CATALYST to create and give three webinars, monthly, during the summer.
- Assists two veterinary hospitals to update their employee handbooks.
- That’s just the first half of the year!
- Creates Employee Handbooks for three veterinary hospitals on the Front Range, offering presentations with the entire team at time of implementing the newly updated policies.
- Facilitates Strategic Plan with the Leaders of the Big Sky Veterinary Technician Association in Helena, Montana
- Begins fulfilling duties as NAVTA’s President-Elect, updating bylaws, designing a leadership manual, and sitting on Task Forces
- Seated on the Merial Tech Champions Team
- Presents “Getting to Yes” with Dr. Mike Murray, Jason Coe, and Bob Cartin at NAVC, WVC, AAHA conventions
- Offers fourteen hours of classes at WVC, programs for veterinarians, technicians, managers and receptionists
- Begins designing In-Hospital training with veterinary industry partner, working closely with their development team and account managers
- Creates Illuminating Veterinary Women’s Retreat with Gwen Pettit and Debbie Boone, retreat in Denver, Colorado
- Designs Mixed Animal Practice Symposium with Stith Keiser, event in Omaha, Nebraska
- Assists Allbrick Veterinary Hospital with the creation of their first Employee Handbook
- Works with Front Range Animal Hospital’s manager to create their first Employee Handbook
- Presents at Ontario Veterinary Technician Association, a gathering of over 1200 veterinary technicians
- Veterinary Team Workshops designed and offered throughout the Front Range of Colorado
- VetTeamCoach created with Dr. Richard Nap, offering advice to new veterinary team members as they enter the profession
- Career Coaching sessions offered to veterinary team members throughout the world
- Classes offered to Colorado State University students on leveraging their valuable time and delegating to the veterinary team
- The Academy of Veterinary Technician Specialties in Education’s Organizing Committee (OC) is formed, Rebecca is a Co-Chair of the OC
- Becomes the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America’s President-Elect, transitioning to President in 2016
- Speaks at Western Veterinary Conference and American Veterinary Medical Association
- Facilitates NAVTA’s State Representative and Veterinary Technician Specialties Leadership Workshop in Denver, Colorado
- Attends Merial’s Reception for veterinary technicians, networking with industry partners, state representatives and leaders
- Participates in Merial’s video series created by NAVC, offered on VetFolio
- Collaborates with VSPN, generating a 4 week program on Veterinary Inventory
- Rebecca Rose formally incorporates CATALYST Veterinary Practice Consultants
- Rebecca Rose’s book: “Career Choices for Veterinary Technicians” is updated and published in a new edition
- Rebecca Rose, CVT, received “Valuable Contribution Award” from the Association of Veterinary Technician Educators
- Rebecca Rose teaches Disaster Preparedness Webinar for Veterinary Hospital Managers Association
- Rebecca Rose serves on Committee on Small Animal Dentistry for Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Rebecca Rose, CVT, serves as Advanced Training Consultant for American Animal Hospital Association
- Rebecca Rose completes new-build consulting program for Watford City Veterinary Clinic in Watford City, ND
- Rebecca Rose leads Veterinary Team Building Workshop and Veterinary Professional Self-care Workshop for West Ridge Animal Hospital in Greeley, Colorado
- Rebecca Rose, CVT, teaches Veterinary Team Communications Workshop with Carin Smith, DVM, in Las Vegas
- Rebecca Rose assists AAHA-credentialled Tender Touch Animal Hospital in Denver, Colo., with hiring a veterinary practice manager
- Rebecca Rose serves as local coalition coordinator for Association of Veterinary Technician Educators Symposium
- Rebecca Rose speaks on career development for veterinary technicians to Pacific Veterinary Association, California Veterinary Medical Association in San Francisco, CA
- Rebecca Rose speaks on Veterinary Careers & Hospital Operations at the 2012 Western Veterinary Conference in Las Vegas
- Rebecca Rose appointed to the executive board of the Divine Feline 501c3 non-profit as Secretary
- Rebecca Rose contributes 1st and 2nd chapters to Elsevier’s “Principles and Practices of Veterinary Technology“
- Rebecca Rose speaks to Texas Veterinary Medical Association on Veterinary Career Choices in College Station, Texas
- Rebecca Rose serves as AVMA CVTEA, Bel-Rea Accreditation Team
- Rebecca Rose awarded ColoVMA Industry Partner of the Year Award
- Rebecca Rose begins service as Veterinary Support Personnel Network Educator
- Rebecca Rose authors “Career Choices for Veterinary Technicians: Opportunities for Animal Lovers,” published by the American Animal Hospital Association
- Rebecca Rose speaks on Career Choices for Veterinary Technicians to: Minnesota Veterinary Technician Association; Rhode Island Veterinary Technician Association; and Veterinary Hospital Managers Association
Rebecca Rose interviewed and featured in cover story in Veterinary Technician Journal
- Rebecca Rose serves as coordinator and instructor for the Colorado Academy of Veterinary Technology
- Rebecca Rose serves as presenter at Colorado State University Ram Orientation Leadership Experience
- Rebecca Rose serves as member of Bel-Rea Accreditation Team
- Rebecca Rose start a 5-year term of service on the Iams Pet Wellness Council
- Rebecca Rose serves as veterinary practice manager of AAHA-credentialed Town & Country Animal Hospital in Gunnison, Colorado
- Rebecca Rose serves as Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) Field Educator, Northwest Territory of the US
- Rebecca Rose commences a 5-year term of service on the Committee on Veterinary Technician Specialties
- Rebecca Rose begins a two-year term of service as Corresponding Secretary for the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America
- Rebecca Rose begins a 4-year term of service with the Gunnison Valley Animal Welfare League, with a focus on fundraising and a facility consultant
- Rebecca Rose interviewed and featured in cover story for National Association of Veterinary Technicians publications
- Rebecca Rose serves as keynote speaker for CVC conference in Kansas City
- Rebecca Rose contributes a chapter to Elsevier’s “Principles and Practices of Veterinary Technology, 2nd Edition”
- Rebecca Rose serves as a Certified Veterinary Technician for Tomichi Pet Care Center in Gunnison, Colorado
- Rebecca Rose co-authors “The Relief Veterinary Technician’s Manual” with Carin Smith, DVM
- Rebecca Rose awarded ColoVMA Veterinary Technician of the Year
- Rebecca Rose serves as Veterinary Practice Manager of AAHA-credentialled Parker Center Animal Clinic in Parker, Colorado
- Rebecca Rose serves as President of the Colorado Association of Certified Veterinary Technicians
- Rebecca Rose speaks to Ohio Veterinary Medical Association on How To Maximize Production with Jim Noone, DVM
- Rebecca Rose provides relief veterinary technician services throughout Colorado through her new company: Gypsy Rose, CVT
- Rebecca Rose joins National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America
- Rebecca Rose serves as administrator for Colorado Association of Certified Veterinary Technicians; and Colorado Veterinary Medical Association & Denver Area Veterinary Medical Society
- Rebecca Rose serves as relief veterinary technician for Veterinary Referral Center of Colorado
- Rebecca Rose serves as certified veterinary technician from Town & Country Animal Hospital in Gunnison, Colorado from 1987-1999
- Rebecca Rose becomes a member of the Colorado Association of Certified Veterinary Technicians
- Rebecca Rose graduates from Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, with a degree in Veterinary Technology